WE HAVE FOUND OUR NEW EDITORS!
Thank you to everyone who showed interest, we appreciate you.
Typehouse Positions Open for Issue 25, May 2022.
Prose and poetry Feedback Editors (3-4)
Prose and poetry Regular Editors (3-4)
- Read/provide feedback depending on position (see below)
- Edit selected submissions for print in the magazine
- Proof finished magazine before going to print
- Time commitment will vary, but is very part time, and the first six weeks are a probationary period to ensure that it will be a good fit for everyone, and that keeping up with the responsibilities will work.
Regular Submission Editors
Read submissions as they come in, starting with the oldest, and vote “Yes,” “No,” or “Maybe.” Number expected will vary depending on number of submissions, but will be a minimum ten per week, including voting on “Maybe” submissions. No commentary will be required for “No” votes, although a brief sentence explaining a “Maybe” or “Yes” vote is useful.
Read feedback submissions, starting with the oldest, and write feedback. Read “Maybe” submissions and weigh in with your opinion. Readers will be expected to provide feedback on at three submissions a week, as well as weigh in on “Maybe” submissions.
Note: We do ask that you have experience with writing feedback for prose pieces, and we will ask for sample feedback on a test piece. However, the EIC will work with new editors to help them adjust to our feedback style and will provide support through the process for several weeks during the trial period.
- We use Submittable for our submission process. http://submittable.com/. It’s very easy to use, and we will help you to become familiar with it.
- Currently we do not pay (although we’d like to in the future) as we are still working to bring up our pay to contributors. All editors receive hard copies of the issues they work on, and letters of recommendation, summaries of work performed, paperwork for college requirements, and other records are gladly provided.
- Time off for travel or work can be arranged. All positions will run through the end of May 2022 and can be continued for further reading periods if agreed on by all parties.
If you are interested in this position send an email to typehouse(at) typehousemagazine(dot)com. Include information on your experience with creative writing, publications, writer’s groups, schooling, etc., and whether the time and reading period commitment required will work for you
We look forward to hearing from you!