Typehouse Literary Magazine Open Fiction Contest
We are pleased to announce Typehouse Literary Magazine’s first biennial Open Fiction Contest!
- $150 for first place and publication
- $50 for second place and consideration for publication
- $25 for third place and consideration for publication
We are thrilled to announce that our finalist judge for this contest is Rachel M. Harper!
Rachel M. Harper is a novelist and screenwriter. Her first novel, Brass Ankle Blues, was a Borders Original Voices Award finalist and selected as a Target Breakout Book. Her newest novel, This Side of Providence, was published in April 2016, and was shortlisted for the 2016 Ernest J. Gaines Award for Literary Excellence. Find out more about her at http://rachelmharper.com/.
“When reading fiction, I look for originality, vivid imagery, and a strong
voice. Like most readers, I connect strongly with character—the people and places
that fill the fictional landscape—so dynamic characters are
sure to get my attention. Lastly, I like to be gripped by a story,
so tension is a must-have to keep me in my seat and turning pages.”
- All pieces must be between 1000-6000 words
- Entries must be previously unpublished
- All genres accepted.
- Manuscripts must be in standard format, proofed and ready for publication
- Entries must be made through our Submittable submission contest page
- You may enter twice
- No simultaneous submissions
- Entry fee is $12
Contest opens March 1st and runs through June 30th. Submit early!